Want to make this cute Halloween-themed bead and tassel necklace for your doll?
I got the idea for this necklace from this post on A Pretty Cool Life. To make it doll-sized, here’s what I did:
For supplies, I used
– Elastic jewelry cording
– A piece of cardboard (to make the tassel)
– Scissors (not shown)
I followed the tutorial with a few changes to scale it down to doll size.
- Cut a piece of elastic cording about 12″
- Make the tassel with floss (instead of yarn, which is too thick)
- I used a piece of cardboard about 2-1/4″ inches long and wrapped the floss about 25 times to make the tassel.
- String the beads and tie the tassel onto the elastic cording
- Wrap the necklace around the doll’s neck to hang at the right length
- Tie off the elastic in the back; cut off excess.
- Before I cut the elastic I made sure the finished piece would stretch over the doll’s head
And that’s it. Super easy and super cute!
You could make this in any color combination you want. I used orange, purple and black for Halloween, but you could change this up to match any outfit or theme.
A Pretty Cool Life – DIY Halloween Tassel & Charm Necklaces